Friday, October 17, 2008

inkSTAINonMYpaper

WRITING bores me a lot. It is hard for me to do such “novel-length” reports or even a very short articles.
Way back when I was in Grade School, we have this subject -Writing (which is under the Makabayan subject),
wherein we have to compose an article to be submitted on the same day (we are lucky if she will allow us to submit
it next week). When our teacher’s foot already stepped-inside the classroom, my heart starts to palpitate. Really,
I don’t have passion in writing in those days. I think when I was about to graduate elementary I think I am the most
happiest person in the world -not just because we are about to graduate but I am bidding my good-byes to the subject
that I hate most -Writing.

I thought that this “writing-thingy” would stop haunting me when I graduate GS, but I was wrong.

It all started when I entered High School when the first issue of the VOX (official newspaper of the HS) was released.
As usual I read the columns that only gets my attention. After reading ALMOST the whole newspaper, I think my world
changed 360-degrees. I get a piece of paper and started to scribble my thoughts. And I was mesmerized on how I easily
jotted my thought inside my head. And the irony thing is that I even tried to join the VOX but unfortunately I was not
able to qualify. Well, I just thought that I am not still prepared to be part of it. Maybe next time will be my time.

My fervor and infatuation in writing strengthen when I became a sophomore (this year).
My classmates encouraged me to continue writing, scribbling and critiquing.

And would you believe that I will be once again trying my luck to enter the VOX and when I graduate, try my luck to enter
what I am craving for -the VARSITARIAN, which broad-thinkers and broad-minded persons will be by criticizing my work.


It feels weird that there is a point in my life that I really regret writing and now bessoted in writing
so here I am writing this critique.

oswaldfabisablay
11oct2008

No comments: